Rev player

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sun Jul 25 18:44:30 EDT 2004

and Troy Rollins <troy at rpsystems.net> wrote:

> It could be the player is configured for maximum security (whatever
> that is called in Rev.) It is supposed to act something akin to the
> shockwave player, which prevents "harmful" activities (saving files,
> deleting files, etc.) on the end-user's computer.
> --
> Troy

It is no big deal to produce your own player that saves modified stacks.

What you need:

- create a new stack
- create a button "open" with the script

"answer file "Plase select a stack" with filter "*.mc;*.rev"
   go to it"

- create a button "save" with a script

"put the short name of the topstack into Oldname
ask file "Please choose a new name for the stack! (extension mc will b
added" with Oldname
put it into NewName
put Newname&".mc" into Newname
save stack Oldname as Newname"

- important: set the style of your player to "modeless"

"on preOpenStack
   if the short name of this stack is "my-player" then
     set the style of this stack to modeless
     set the loc of this stack to 200,170
   end if
end preopenstack"

Change the scripts accordingly if you prefer rev-stacks.

- And finally: produce a standalone.

That's all.-

You can find and download such an example of an elementary player for
Metacard and Revolution stacks on my website:

<http://www.sanke.org>
English version,
page "Sample stacks"
stack "MC-Player" (for Windows)