Rev Player - part of distribution of download?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Jul 25 16:06:05 EDT 2004

On 7/25/04 5:54 AM, Stephen King wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this is a question answered by the latest Rev Beta, but my
> subscriptioon has currently expired, so I probably can't evaluate the
> 2.5Beta.
>
> I understand that there are no standalones as such, but stacks play in the
> Rev player (presumably a different one per platform?). Is this player part
> of the built distributable (ie like the old standalone) or does the und user
> of the application have to download and install the appropriate player
> before the stack can be used?

There's a misunderstanding here. Rev still builds standalones exactly as
it used to. The Player is an addition to the existing feature set, and
separate from any standalones. There may be cases where you would rather
distribute stacks; for example, if you plan to send someone lots of
different stacks but you don't want to build standalones for each one.
In that case, you would just send them the Player along with all your
stacks. This saves a lot of disk space and the user can play all your
stacks with a single application.

Standalones can still be built and distributed just as they always were.
The Player just adds an additional delivery option.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com