Public ip address

Vikram Singh powai903 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 15:56:24 EDT 2004

put word 11 of url "http://whatismyip.com" into fld 1 (or whaterver)
does this work for you?

vikram

Roger Amar <Roger at logram.com> wrote:
Hello Alex,

We have to maintain a radio stations network running our automation software,MacBroadcast*, via Timbuktu. To take the control of a distant computer, PC or Macintosh, we have to know the public IP address to connect to that computer and do our job. Since the IP address provided by the ISP is not permanent, I want to write a simple code which once an hour, is able to send us the actual IP public address of every radio station. (Some of them have a fixed IP Address which never change but the cost of this solution is about 20 $ per month.)
Using solutions like DynDNS which is supposed to translate the IP address to a fixed one is not a secure solution.
I want to do what www.whatismyip.com is able to do.
The solutions suggested by this list are just able to return the lan ip address.

Thanks to all of you for your replies

Roger;

* http://www.logram.com and then click on "MacBroadcast"