Send syntax again

K nnoydb at excite.com
Sun Jul 25 15:10:39 EDT 2004

In this case I am using send and value() also for objects.  However my objects serve as global components (in a manner of speaking).  I create buttons that are independent threads of execution (using my create thread library I posted).  These "threads" (using quotes since RR doesn't really thread) receive task packets via send and value().  My problem is many of my threads handle long math operations for arrays of a significant size (in background of course).  I was hoping I could use a array reference in a send to prevent wasting a enormous amount of memory. This also prevents me for having to write a custom thread to handle each operation.  Is it possible to pass a pointer to a array of variant using send/value?

Kevin

P.S.

I have converted my long math operations to using a form of split/combine/delete to pass them in a send/value().  However it still seems to eat memory at a significant rate.

-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
Disclaimer:

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.

 The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them
is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of
the reader
 is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.
(A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the
scope of this article.)