Feeling Supremely Stupid...

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jul 23 22:19:11 EDT 2004

At 22:33 23/07/2004 +0200, Klaus Major wrote:

>Drag and Drop (sic!) objects from the new tools palette :-)
>
>Well, this is something we have to get used to ;-)

I can easily imagine getting used to this. So far, I'm not keen on it,
because I mostly use a laptop, and drag/drop involves holding down a button
with one finger (or hand) while stroking the touchpad with another; but
I'll get used to it.

However, I'm not so sure about the double-click behaviour, creating the
control at the centre of the window. To create a number of (e.g.) buttons,
it was easy to double-click the tool then click once in each place you need
a button. The new scheme involves double-clicking the tool, then dragging
the control into place, then moving cursor all the way across the screen
again, then .... far more mouse movement needed.

Given the slightest encouragement, I'd put in an enhancement request to
re-instate the old style of double click (as a preference).

-- Alex.