Help with database locked. (/tmp/mysql.sock is bad)

Brian Yennie briany at
Fri Jul 23 16:06:28 CDT 2004

If you want to try deleting the file, you can go into terminal and try:

sudo rm /tmp/mysql.sock

You'll need your root password to delete from that directory.
Unfortunately, if MySQL itself is stuck, you may still have trouble
connecting until you restart or find a way to unbind that port. All
depends I think on whether MySQL daemon crashed or if it was just Rev
that bailed out.

Note that I have no idea if the above will actually work, but it _will_
delete the socket file which at worst will get re-created when you
restart. You can also play around on the command line trying to connect
with the mysql client, to see how that jives and whether there could be
a problem outside of Rev:

mysql -uMyUser -p -S/tmp/mysql.sock

- Brian