PDF in altBrowser

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jul 23 15:51:53 EDT 2004

Hi Bob,

I used altBrowser (the downloaded version from our website) to go to the
page below, and resized the window with no problems. The image does
blink while resizing, but appears instantly when done. Is that what you
mean?

For instance, download the demo altBrowser stack at:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/altBrowser.htm
and go to the pdf document at:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/magicCarpet/MagicCarpetManual2.pdf

As you will see, altBrowser correctly renders the PDF file w/out problem.

BTW, at the bottom of your page, you mention:
"If you would like to download the runtime executable demonstrating the
stack shown above, click here. It is a ZIP file containing the stack EXE
and the altBrowser.dll (which is freely available because it is supplied
with the altBrowser demo)."

I understand what you are saying here, and as a licensee of altBrowser,
you may freely distribute the dll in *exactly* the fashion you are
doing-- but so that others don't get the wrong impression,
altBrowser.dll is a licensed product and not 'free' (unlike most of my
other plugins, etc.)

best,

Chipp