Reading data from BLOB objects

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Jul 23 14:51:41 EDT 2004

Okay, I'm not getting very far here.

Aparently I haven't quite figured out storing BLOBs yet either.

I'm trying to store images on a PostgreSQL server, and retrieve those
images.  I am trying to do this with BLOBs.

According to the PostgreSQL docs, I should use a field type of OID for
BLOBs.  I did that.

Revolution has the revDatabaseQueryBLOB (mentioned below), and
revExecuteSQL, both of which have the *b prefix.

I tried to use these as best as I could figure them out from the docs,
but it doesn't work.  If I try a simple SELECT including the BLOB
columns, the raw results show an empty field.  I would have expected to
see a number, based on what I read from the docs.

There was mention of a bug in using PostgreSQL and BLOBs with rev,
which was on the list a while back, but supposedly this should have
been fixed by v2.1, and I'm using v2.2.1.

Was the bug actually fixed, and if so, can someone give me examples of
actual statements to take data from an image object and store it in a
BLOB, and to take the data from a BLOB and put it into an image object?

I'd really appreciate that.

Thank you.

On Jul 20, 2004, at 18:03, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 5:16 PM -0400 7/20/2004, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:
>> I found information in the Revolution help files on how to store data
>> in BLOB fields in a database, but how do you actually retrieve the
>> data from a BLOB?
>
> Check out revDatabaseQueryBLOB.
> --
> jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
> http://www.jaedworks.com

$0 Web Hosting with up to 120MB web space, 1000 MB Data Transfer
Get It Now At www.doteasy.com