Question about timeout on Rev DB funcs...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Jul 23 13:30:43 EDT 2004

On Jul 23, 2004, at 2:23 PM, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

> If they are running a firewall of some sort, is the port open?

Frank,

the port is open. They are firewalled but I manage to connect to an
HTTPd daemon running at 3014 why shouldn't I be able to connect to
MySQL daemon at the same port? Do firewalls are good enought to
distinguish between http traffic and mysql traffic? I thought in the
end it was all packet data and no one could make any sense out of it...
:D

Before trying MySQL Daemon, I tried launching a webserver set to the
default MySQL port just to see if they could connect, and yes, they
could. Then I just keept working and now they can't connect to the
Daemon... I think that or the firewall policies changed in the meantime
or that the connection is timing out for their connection hellish slow.
Can the MySQL connection with Rev fail due to timeout?

Cheers
andre

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004