REALbasic clarifications (was Express to Dreamcard)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Fri Jul 23 12:15:32 EDT 2004

On Jul 23, 2004, at 1:06 PM, Dan Chapman wrote:

> Please, keep this topic in the list!  I'm a newbie to both Revolution
> and
> RealBasic, trying to decide which tool to build my business on.  I
> have a
> background in Visual Basic, suggesting to migrate to RealBasic, but
> also
> Hypertalk, suggesting I migrate to Revolution.  I've written most of my
> specs for my educational product, which needs to be cross-platform, and
> multi-lingual.
> I've found comparisons dated '01 on the runrev site, but need more
> immediate
> comparisons.
>
> Dan Chapman

Dan,

that would be a little unfair, since were on the Revolution Mailing
list and not on the language wars mailing list, almost everyone here
choosed Revolution for one reason or another, there's no absolute truth
when it comes to taste. All we could do is talk about features of each
language, but it would be like David against every one for eventually
it would come to abstract things like Transcript Vs REALBasic BASIC
Dialect... that's not the case.

I suggest you to get evaluations versions for both languages, subscribe
to both mailing lists and invite all the users to send you their Three
top reasons to use that language, then you should read those things
(for there are gems in each one of them, that you do not see on a quick
eval). after that you should evaluate them like doing a similar
software in both, talking to the respectives communities to see if
you're not missing anything that could ease your way.

then after completing both projects, you should feel the dragging force
of your true heritage! :D

eheheh oh boy, I need sleep...

Cheers
andre