Rev 2.5b Interface

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Thu Jul 22 10:49:54 EDT 2004

On 22/7/04 4:06 am, "Derek Bump" <webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com> wrote:

> 1. How many windows can pop up at the same time?  The first time I launched it
> both the Application Browser and Revolution Online were open (along with Tools
> and the Menu Bar).  This definately doesn't need to happen.  Show the Menubar
> and the tools palette.  Don't confuse the people who are new to Revolution.
> Just because it's an update doesn't mean it's not someone's first time using
> it.  Keep it simple.

Remember that in the release version, the Learning Center will be
functional.  That's one of the key uses of Rev Online for new users, it
brings access to tutorials and samples in just one click.

> The Tools Palette
> 1. Now it's now bigger and take up even more screen space.

The icons are clearer, the previous one was too small, people had trouble
finding things.

> 2. Supports Drag & Drop but doesn't conform to the Grid.  Requiring you to
> re-drag it to align to the grid.

That should be possible to fix.

> 3. Does this make it easier for people to post destructive stacks?  In my
> experience, if I were to download a program from within Revolution, I would
> trust that it won't do anything bad to my computer.  I'm worried that
> Revolution Online allows people to submit Trojan Horses with the appearance of
> a trusted stack.  Is there a filter for a posted stack?

There certainly is a potential exposure here, in that anyone can post stacks
to the User Spaces area.  That said, most people here know each other and an
individual has to sign up to Rev Online to post, making it hard to be
anonymous, so I think the risk is fairly minimal.  Anyone posting stacks
that do damage will be removed from Rev Online.  That said, if you aren't
sure about who is providing something then don't download it, or use the
Player, which is a more secure environment.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools