BUG: Database Query Builder Feature Missing on 2.2.1...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Jul 21 17:38:01 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

If you look into the documentation on Databases on the rev docs under
"About connecting to and using SQL Databases" you'll see an article
about Database Query Builder, under the topic "Displaying automatic
query data" you'll that there's a specific part detailing how to use
"Show All" to display all data from a query. That feature ("Show All")
is missing here. I just made an empty mainstack, created a query to my
mySQL server, launched the inspector and the option is not there.

Can someone explain me what happened? Can someone here tell me if this
feature was removed? That was one of the most usefull Database Query
Builder feature for is allowed us to create listboxes without coding
them. Ie: We could retrieve all names from a DB, pipe tem to a listbox
and make a nice "select your name" widget. Without this, we must code
by hand, deal with cursors, open the db and closing it... it would
spoil the Rev DB experience and it's ease of use.

I am querying this list before bugzilling this, can someone here give
me a clue? Kevin? Tuviah? anyone?

thanks in advance
andre

--