Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Jul 21 13:35:33 EDT 2004

Hi Frank,

here is a shorter one:

on mouseUp
   answer file "Select an image file:" as sheet
   if there is a file it then
      put url("binfile:" & it) into image "Logo"
   end if
end mouseUp

>> So then something like this attached to a button should work?
>> It doesn't seem to.  I select a JPEG image file (I tried several
>> different ones).
>>
>> on mouseUp
>>   answer file "Select an image file:" as sheet
>>   put it into x
>>   if there is a file x then
>>     open file x
>>     read from file x until EOF
>>     put it into y
>>     close file x
>>     set the text of image "Logo" to y
>>   end if
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> If I  set the filename of image "Logo" to x, then the image appears,
>> but I need to be able to take the data from a database field (and to
>> take image data from a file and store it in the field), so I need
>> functionality similar to the above.
>>
>> What am I missing here?

Don't know...

But i have to confess that "the text of image xyz" just does not
"sound" right to me...
It is valid code actually, but i cannot like it. ;-)

Unfortunately i have never worked with BLOB data in databases, so i
cannot say
in what format images are stored there...

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de