scrollbar problems: Scrolling a blank stack

Bob Hartley bob at
Wed Jul 21 07:25:33 CDT 2004

Hi All.

I've read the docs and see that to have a window of say 1100x750 scroll to
allow an area of 1100x2000 you group objects.

Now I have a problem with this. I need to have a window (1100x750 with
menus) that has scrollbars V+H.
  If the window is resized to say 700x500 by dragging the corner, the edges
of the scrollbars dissapear. If it is made bigger then there are gaps at
the bottom

Essentially I require an area of 1100x2000 that has a H+V scrollbar. The
stack will open at 1100x750 and can be dragged to  any size that is smaller
or larger vertically. I need the scrollbars to be at the side and bottom
continueously, and to allow scrolling of the field up and down. No surprise
there. I need a blank stack because the user will populate it from another

Any ideas. I would have thought that this would have been automatic in the
IDE. IE add scrollbars and bingo!! they are there at the edge and work.