Object paths?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Jul 20 22:48:20 EDT 2004

> Rather slippery, the defaultStack. Now, who was asking why I found
> myself using explicit paths?  ;-)

Who? Me? =)

> (Just kidding. I'm sure the defaultStack is plenty reliable and
> controllable, and under most circumstances is exactly what you think
> it would be... it just seems to get away from me sometimes.)

FWIW, it sounds to me like you're doing The Right Thing (TM) and have a
good reason to resort to explicit paths. I've done asychronous server
apps and I've done multiple stacks, but never the two at the same time
and I can't think of any good way to get around the full paths in that
case, other than being diligent about reclaiming the defaultStack
everywhere, but that seems harder to do than just using the path when
it's really needed...

Er, I guess that all means "agreed". =)

- Brian