Mirroring Text Entry

Gardner, Joseph A joe.gardner at nwa.com
Tue Jul 20 19:17:46 EDT 2004

Sarah said:

  The easiest way is probably to use a keyUp handler in the original
  field, like this:

  on keyUp
     put me into fld "Mirror"
     pass keyUp   -- just in case it is used elsewhere
  end keyUp

  closeField only happens when a field is changed AND when you tab or
  click out of the field. The keyUp handler will happen whenever you do a
  keystroke, so the mirroring will be instant.

Sarah, as usual you were spot on with this suggestion. In the end I also used rawkeyUp in order to trap for the "delete" key as well (which doesn't send a keyUp itself), but your simple solution was just what I was looking for to get started. Sorry to be so late in sending my update and thanks, it's been particularly hectic this past week at the office. Anyway, thanks!

joe.