[ERC] British Airways 3 Day Special

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jul 20 16:04:55 EDT 2004

At 13:02 20/07/2004 -0600, Dar Scott wrote:

>On Jul 20, 2004, at 8:49 AM, sims wrote:
>
>>I just looked up flights leaving USA on13 November to London
>>returning  from London to USA on17 November
>
>Uh.  I thought the conference started on the 14th.  Shouldn't folks in the
>US leave on the 11th or with good connections the 12th?

The 14th is the Sunday, and the conference has only a evening session, with
the Keynote speech and discussions.

So from the East Coast, it's very feasible to depart Saturday, and arrive
comfortably in time. (Even leaving Sat evening, you'd be there by early
afternoon).

If you were pushed, you could even do it from the West Coast (leave
Saturday morning, and be in your hotel room early Sunday afternoon) -  if
you're like me, I can never sleep when I arrive travelling that direction,
so I'd happily schedule a mid-day arrival for an evening meeting.

But I think it would be more prudent to head out a day earlier and have
some safety margin ....

-- Alex, an ex-frequent flier on transatlantic flights.