server side scripting

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 15:52:14 EDT 2004

--- Hershel Fisch <hershrev at realtorsgroup.us> wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 20, 2004, at 10:37 AM, Jan Schenkel
> wrote:
>
> > --- Hershel Fisch <hershrev at realtorsgroup.us>
> wrote:
> >> Hi, Where can I find the tip for server side
> >> scripting that was posted
> >> on RR site a while ago ?
> >> Also what is it made for , can I write a trigger
> for
> >> a PostgreSQL db ?
> >> Thanks.
> >>

> > Hi Hershel,
> >
> > You'll find the cgi-tutorial by Jacqueline Landman
> Gay
> > at :
> > <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/>
> >
> > Depending on the platform you use, the revdb
> > drivers may need to be placed in a certain
> > directory, but you should be able to use the
> > revdb commands and functions to connect to a
> > PostgreSQL database.
> > Or you can use Pierre Sahores' method of issuing
> > shell()-calls to pgsql if that works better for
> > you.
>
> Where can I get it ?
> Thanks.

A quick search in the use-revolution mailing lsit
archives turned up the following post :
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-October/024057.html>

For more information, you too can use the mailing list
archive search tool at :
<http://mindlube.com/cgi-bin/search-use-rev.cgi>

I used the following terms to find the above info :
pierre sahores shell postgres

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====