messageMessages

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Tue Jul 20 10:16:16 EDT 2004

> Re: messageMessages
> 	• 	From: K
> 	• 	 Subject: Re: messageMessages
> 	• 	 Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:28:33 -0700
>
> Looked at revMessageWatcher and attempted to duplicate the behavior.
> I was
> unsuccessful my on recordMessage handler is never invoked.  I would
> like to use this
> in my own debug stacks/cards.  Any ideas on what I may have missed?
>

> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Try this little example in a button and and move the mouse around.

local lHandler
on mouseup
   if the long id of me is not in the frontscripts then
     insert script of me into front
     set the messageMessages  to true
    else
     remove script of me from front
     set the messageMessages  to false
   end if
   set the label of me to "messageMessages" && the messageMessages
end mouseup

on messageHandled x,y
   put true,x & " / " & y &&"/"&& the long id of the target into tText
   updater tText
end messageHandled

on messageNotHandled x,y
   put false,x & " / " & y &&"/"&& the long id of the target into tText
   updater tText
end messageNotHandled

on updater x
   if item 1 of x = true then put item 1 of x && "/" && item 2 of x into
line 1 of lHandler
   else put item 1 of x && "/" && item 2 of x into line 2 of lHandler
   put lHandler
end updater

HTH
Greetings,