What's an item ?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jul 20 10:14:38 EDT 2004

At 20:50 19/07/2004 -0700, Rob Cozens wrote:

>>Any clues for me on "how to think of an item" ?
>
>Perhaps it would help to consider items as lines (ie: the itemDelimiter =
>return).
>
>the number of lines of "This is a line" = the number of lines of "This is
>a line"&return
Thanks Rob - just exactly what I needed.

I was stuck on the model of Excel (or other CSV) files, where the "," is a
delimiter - but there is a field after the trailing comma (even if that
field is empty) - the analogy to lines helps tremendously.

Now I can think about items and they match Rev's items :-)

-- Alex.