Support for MSSQL databases

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at
Tue Jul 20 04:53:16 CDT 2004

--- Roger.E.Eller at wrote:
> I was wondering if RunRev will ever add Microsoft
> SQL to its database
> connectivity offerings. In the corporate
> environment, alot of times it is
> required that we use Microsoft (even though MySQL is
> just as good or
> better).
> Thanks.
> Roger Eller

Hi Roger,

You can connect to MS SQLServer through ODBC just fine
(in fact, using a DSN can make things easier if any of
the connection parameters change)
Perhaps you can file this as an enhancement request
and encourage people to vote for it, so that it gets
higher priority -- or if there's enough interest, a
third-party steps up and writes a revdb-driver.

Jan Schenkel.

Do you Yahoo!?