Refer to Cards

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Sat Jul 17 15:15:37 EDT 2004

> Re: Refer to Cards
> 	• 	From: Roger Guay
> 	• 	 Subject: Re: Refer to Cards
> 	• 	 Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:17:27 -0700
>
>  Thanks, but I don't think this will work for what I need. What I need
> is a command that forces subsequent lines of script to act only on a
> specified card. Something like:
>
> on someHandler
>  Do something to look only at card x for the following lines -- this
> is the line I'm after
>  hide object 1
>  show object 2
>  put "something" into fld 3
>  etc.
>  Do something to look only at cd y for the following lines -- this is
> the line I'm after
>  hide object 1
>  show object 2
>  put "something" into fld 3
>  etc.
>  end someHandler
>
> I know that SuperCard had this ability, but I don't remember the
> command.
>

> Any help?
>

> Thanks, Roger

On the contrary, you can use the mark command in this case.
But your pseudocode is not very clear to me.
Anyway try something like:

on someHandler
    set defaultstack to <stackname>

    mark cards where (the script of this cd contains " hide object 1")
and  (the script of this cd contains "show object 2")

   <then do something like:>
    repeat with i = 1 to the number of marked cds
      do the things you have to do with or on marked cd i
    end repeat

end someHandler

May be it is not similar to Supercards system and may be not really in
1 line :-),
but the mark command works on card scripts as well.

HTH.
Greetings,
Wouter