UI component openCard/preOpenCard

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jul 15 11:06:36 CDT 2004

Hi Kevin,

>Are there any UI components that respond to preOpenCard or openCard?

* FrontScripts (?)
* The card
* The stack
* Stacks in use
* Backscripts
* Extensions (?)

>  How might these components receive these calls?

The preOpenCard & openCard messages are sent to the card; whether
this bypasses frontScripts, I don't know.

The messages can be trapped anywhere along the rest of the message
chain, and blocked or passed on in any handler that receives them.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company