Transcript keywords in expressions

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Jul 14 21:44:10 EDT 2004

At 4:31 PM +0100 7/13/04, Alex Tweedly wrote:
>URL is acting as a unary operator, at higher precedence than "&" -
>so the first statement is interpreted as
>    URL "file:"   --> evaluates to empty
>    & myFile    --> added to empty gives the file name
>
>Am I right or am I still confused ?
>Do all the Transcript keywords operate at the same precedence ?

You're right.

For precedence rules, take a look at the Operator Precedence
Reference. (I don't know where this went in "All Documentation by
Category" - it should be under Values & Properties and under
Math/Logic/Dates - but if you look at the See Also list in "About
containers, variables, and sources of value", or the See Also list
for any of the operators in the dictionary, you'll turn it up.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ jaed at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com