help with speedy graphics

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Jul 13 22:09:28 EDT 2004

At 19:02 13/07/2004 -0600, Dar Scott wrote:

>I hear it is possible to put a shape at each corner of a polygon.  Now, if
>those lines were transparent...

But you can .... (at least in theory - my coding in Transcript is still
kind of slow and tentative, so I haven't got it tried and working yet) - my
emphasis below ....

>The first line in the list is the location of the graphic's starting
>point. A line is drawn from the starting point to the next vertex, which
>is the next line in the list. If two successive lines are identical, a dot
>is drawn at the specified point.
>
>A blank line in the points indicates that the previous and next vertexes
>are not connected by a line--that is, the line, curve, or polygon is
>broken into two (or more) pieces. If the last line of the points of a
>polygon is blank, the polygon is not closed. A closed polygon's start
>point (the first line of its points property) is the same as its end point
>(the last line of its points property).

Now this might mean that it takes the two successive points that make a
dot, and puts the same shape at both of them - so it may do twice the work
it needs to.
But I'll try both this and the straightforward "multiple rectangles in a
single polygon" and let you know which works better.

-- Alex.