help with speedy graphics

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jul 13 21:52:57 EDT 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 6:48 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
> Thanks Trevor, but that made only a marginal difference - it reduced
> the time for drawing a 5000 point dataset (with 4x4 pixel rectangles)
> from 690 ticks to 670 ticks (still over 10 seconds elapsed time).

As Scott mentioned, this is a lot of objects.  I hadn't looked at the
the number of objects you were trying to create before posting.  I'm
not sure what your needs are but perhaps you could create the objects
in batches.  You could create 100 (random number I picked) objects each
time a function is called.  When the function is finished it calls
itself again in 10 ticks or so and continues where it left off.  Just
an idea.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia