help with speedy graphics

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jul 13 20:42:13 EDT 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 5:39 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

> Cool - thanks.
> Adding the lock messages made this script OK - all the rectangles
> appear at the same time; but the clean-up script that deletes all
> these graphics when I'm done with them is problematic, even with lock
> screen and lock messages. Suspending the dev tools makes it faster -
> but it still does the rectangles one at a time.
>
> But even with this improvement, it's un-usably slow.
>
> I'll go play with painted graphics and see what they do ... I'd be
> grateful for any pointers to sample scripts that use painted graphics
> (or other graphic-intensive examples)

Alex,

Try your code in a standalone application before moving on.  I create
interfaces from database information in my applications and while it
looks very clunky in the IDE (you can see all of the objects being
created) it is perfectly clean in the standalone.  Rev is actually very
fast and creating interfaces on the fly.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com