Get from "unopened" stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 13 14:00:06 EDT 2004

Troy Rollins wrote:

> How is accessing an unopened stack different than using "go invisible"?

No messages (preOpenStack, preOpenCard, openStack, openCard, etc.).

Also, the stack file doesn't appear in lists of open stacks.

> Does cloning an unopened stack cause the screen flash, where the stack
> become visible temporarily as it does when you clone an invisible stack?

If you first set the visibility of the unopened stack to false, the
clone should honor that.

> If I am accessing an unopened stack, and I then choose to display it,
> say as a sheet, it that cleaner to display than changing window modes
> from "invisible toplevel" to "visible sheet"?

Good question.  Give it a whirl and let us know what you find.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation