Sending AppleScript from Terminal to RR

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh at focalimage.com
Sat Jul 10 17:42:41 EDT 2004

At 3:27 pm -0600 10/7/04, Dar Scott wrote:
>On Jul 10, 2004, at 3:04 PM, Kaveh Bazargan wrote:
>
>>> Stop using AppleScript.  Use Transcript or shell scripts.
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea. But how do I send a Transcript from Terminal
>> to RR?
>
>I'm having a little trouble picturing what you are doing.

Don't blame you. I haven't given much details! Thanks for your time. It's
very informative.

>If your Revolution app runs the scripts with shell() then the results
>will be returned when the shell script returns.

Correct. But I decided to go back to sending an AppleScript to Terminal to
run a process. The reason is that I want to see the shell while the process
is running. shell() doesn't show any of this I think.

I have a number of buttons in the stack. Each start a process in Terminal.
I need a clear sign that the process is finished (although I can watch the
shell window too), so that I know I can press the next button. This is
actually part of a demonstration, otherwise I would just use the shell
window.

I have now managed to send an AppleScript back to RR, by getting Terminal
to open an AppleScript app. The script actually highlights the button I
pressed, so a clear indication that it is finished.

The script is just one ApplesScript so there is not much to change to go
cross platform.