Reading text files

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Jul 10 15:21:43 EDT 2004

I'm not 100% sure what might be going on here. It's not clear what you
mean when you say it doesn't work in a standalone.

Two possible leads to follow based on my experience.

First, if you're opening the files for reading and writing and they
reside on a CD (locked media), there may be some strange interaction
going on there.

Second, file pathing is crucial and not always straightforward (at
least I haven't found it to be so). Particularly when you bundle as a
standalone and the text files are included in the bundle file pathing
is not what you expect it to be from your IDE experience. There are
some notes on this in the docs under "Why can't Revolution find a file
I specified?" Note particularly the defaultFolder stuff.

HTH

Dan