Send Tabkey Command Fails

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 9 00:40:08 EDT 2004

On 7/8/04 4:32 PM, Tom Cole wrote:

> I have a HC stack I'm converting and it has a number of send tabkey
> commands in the script. However, I find that any handler that contains
> the words "send tabkey" results in an error message saying that the
> handler can't be found. Can someone kindly tell me what takes the place
> of send tabkey in runtime rev? I need that command to position the
> cursor in fields and so on.

Using "tabkey" to fake a system message was a poor technique in
HyperCard too. Better is:

select before text of fld <whatever>

Or if you'd rather have the entire text selected:

select text of fld <whatever>

Note that if the traversalOn of the first editable field is true and the
field is not locked, then that field will automatically get the
insertion point whenever the card is opened, without any scripting at all.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com