Documentation & Books

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 10:03:23 EDT 2004

on Wed, 07 Jul 2004
Chipp Walters wrote:

> Y'know, in my mind, I think 'the interface *IS* the
> program.

For the user, this is the case. You assume the
users point of view, and this is a must for commercial
applications. ;-)

> top-down programming for me always begins first with
> a blueprint
> outlining the interface. I don't concern myself with
> the algorithms or
> architecture until the interface is laid out
> properly.

But you have to agree that the interface is only
the container and the code is the content!

As a matter of fact, the interface is one of the many
possible ways in which users controls the underlaying
code, so it's subject to changes anytime.

Liquids gets the shape of their container. :-)

> I find this approach to work best for matching
> customer/client
> expectation with application. It's a bit 'Xtreme'

No, it's not extreme. It's the customer expectation.

on Wed, 7 Jul 2004
Troy Rollins wrote:

> I agree. I share the same method. The interface
> *tells* me what needs
> to be programmed and how.  ;-)

Interesting! Could you share some websites and pages
that explains in details this approach to programming?

I still believe that many interfaces could fit one set
of code, but the same interface could NOT serve to
different sets of code...

al

=====
Visit my site: