[ANN] The Scripter's Scrapbook version 4

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Thu Jul 8 06:09:32 EDT 2004

Version 4 of The Scripter's Scrapbook is now available! Spread  the word to
other scripting newsgroups you may belong to...

And a big 'THANK YOU' to all of you who have not only  made suggestions and
reported areas for improvement, but also then tested  the implementations so
thoroughly.

The following includes the new features and answers some of  the more
frequently asked questions about the program...

o  What's New in v4?
o  What is The Scripter's Scrapbook?
o  Who is it for?
o  Can I use it on different platforms?
o  Can I easily include my existing notes?
o  How much is it?
o  Is it actively supported?
o  How do I get it or upgrade (New Users and Existing Users)?

Q. WHAT'S NEW in v4?

- New interface (in preparation for Phase II of the program  development)
- Create new Scrapbooks to keep different work  sets
- Drag & drop batch conversion to import your existing  notes
- Drag & drop file and folder icons to create links  automatically
- Search Internet sites direct, including discussion list  archives
- 'Quick Copy' the entire entry to the Clipboard to paste as  required
- 'Links' preferences so you can define your own  hyperlink color choices

Q. WHAT IS THE SCRIPTER'S SCRAPBOOK?

A personal reference library database organiser of  your all code snippets,
tips, links and supporting files with webpage publishing  and Internet access.
Find out more at _www.FlexibleLeartning.com/ssbk.htm_
(http://www.FlexibleLeartning.com/ssbk.htm) .

Q. WHO IS IT FOR?

All scripters and programmers, all levels from novice to professional, all
scripting languages.

Q. CAN I USE IT ON DIFFERENT PLATFORMS?

Yes. Your Scrapbook file is totally cross-platform. It  automatically adjust
itself if you move or copy it, or import your  backup data between, platforms
and computers, and v4 now more easily  supports multiple Scrapbook files if
you wish to organise things that  way.

Q. CAN I EASILY INCLUDE MY EXISTING NOTES?

Yes. This version specifically supports drag and drop file-to-record
conversion as well as drag and drop file/folder hyperlinks.

Q. HOW MUCH IS IT?

Free.

Q. IS IT ACTIVELY SUPPORTED?

Absolutely it is. And there is a built-in  bug/comment/request link to a
tick-box form under the HELP menu.

Q. HOW DO I GET IT or UPGRADE?

- ALL EXISTING USERS
Whatever version you use (plugin for Rev, or standalone for  Mac, OSX or PC),
please use the UPDATE in the 'ABOUT' screen. It checks your  existing setup
automatically, is substantially faster than the new user options  below and it
manages your existing files for you.

- NEW USERS
If you do not yet have The Scripter's Scrapbook (shame on  you!), you can
choose...
- A plugIn version for Revolution or MC IDE users,  and/or
- An independent standAlone version for Mac OS9, Mac OSX  and Windows
at _www.FlexibleLearning.com/ssbk.htm_
(http://www.FlexibleLearning.com/ssbk.htm)

Happy scripting, folks!

/H

Hugh  Senior
The Flexible Learning Company
Email: _mailto:h at flexibleLearning.com_ (mailto:admin at flexibleLearning.com)
Web:  _www.flexibleLearning.com_ (http://www.flexiblelearning.com/)

Ken  Ray
Sonsothunder Software
Email: _mailto:kray at sonsothunder.com_ (mailto:kray at sonsothunder.com)