New Metacard/Revolution Site

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Wed Jul 7 17:22:42 EDT 2004

I have set up a new Metacard/Revolution website "Metamedia"
("http://www.sanke.org"), at present still very much under construction,
but already offering nearly 30 stacks of differing quality for
downloading, which - as most of you know - can be opened inside
Revolution. By the end of summer the number of stacks will have grown to
about 50.

There is an English and a German version of the site, the English
version still very much incomplete, but the stacks available from the
German part in many cases use the English language.

The main purpose of this site is to facilitate communication between
staff and students inside our own institution, but this should not
prevent others from outside to take a look. Until now our texts and
stacks were hidden on our FTP-Server behind a very long path name.
The site could also be seen as an attempt to address such problems as
are currently discussed in thread  "Documentation & Books". There are -
and will be - stacks and texts for absolute beginners and stacks for
more advanced users.
You will feel the bias towards Metacard. For various reasons Metacard
here is still the first choice for teaching and development, but the
relationship between Metacard and Revolution is explained.

The structure of the site is like this (more implemented in the German
version at present):

"Overview

X-Talk Languages

Relationship between Metacard and Revolution

Sample Stacks

- applications
- applications produced by students
- tools and sample stacks illustrating concepts and features
- demo stacks (for applications that are not "open source")

Games

Third Party Applications and Samples

Tutorials (PDF-files, stacks, and scripts)

Texts (concerning various aspects of programming)

Projects (description of projects, e.g. our "Language Suite" of ten
applications)

Links"

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke