run Rev app on two networked computers?

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Wed Jul 7 08:29:42 EDT 2004

Many thanks to everyone who made suggestions last night.
The same client for whom I built the application also uses an
electronic medical record (EMR) which is a Visual Basic application
writing to a MS Access database file.  In that case, 3 instances of the
application (on separate computers, of course) write to a single
database file via a peer-to-peer network.  The database can reside on
any of the "peers".

If I were to substantially rewrite the Rev application so that it would
write to a (non-stack) database file in the manner of the VB app above,
what might be a good choice?  No more than 3 simultaneous users;
peer-to-peer network (no server); low traffic network activity.

If someone could point me to the appropriate section(s) of the
Revolution docs, I could Read The Manual first. I have read the entry
"How to...allow multiple users to access a stack on a server", which
seems to be a recipe for avoiding the stack collision mentioned
earlier.  Do I need to study the SQL section (about which subject I
currently know nothing)?  Would it be practical to write to a text file
as a database?  I visualize the data as being  <1000 rows, and < 10
columns.

Thanks, Kurt