Overlapping audio

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Tue Jul 6 03:39:53 EDT 2004

Actually, the old hypercard allowed up to 4 channels of overlapping audio!
And this was on a Mac 128K with a 68030 accelerator.
All you had to do was play 4 different sounds.

My old soundbeatbox did this no prob on HC and without externals...
http://monsieurx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=19

I havent tried it on the PC since I got fruityloops!

The hard way:
You can do overlapping or mixing by adding one wav to another
but this requires reading the wav and doing a bitand for each soundwave
to a new soundwave. But it's not easy. check it out here where you
might find more help (the wav format) and dlls for playback
http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/progs/software.htm

cheers
Xavier