building custom libs (was Re: Building a standalone)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jul 5 14:07:55 EDT 2004

On Jul 5, 2004, at 2:38 PM, hershbp at verizon.net wrote:

> I wish I'd know how to make my own library.
> Thanks

What do you mean by 'make my own library'?

If you want a image library, just create a stack (even a substack, but
reusing substacks is strange) drop your images in it (like, import as
control) then in your software, when changing for example the icon
property of a button, instead of selecting Revolution Icon lib or
MetaCard lib, choose this stack, your images will be there available.
Or better, change the icon prop to the ID prop of the image.

If you want a code library there are many ways. I use this, I have a
simple stack called "soapdog all purpose lib" with all my common
handlers, I add this stack to the standalone then on startup I put it's
script on the back, now the handlers are available stackwide. (I just
coined the term stackwide and I liked it)

Anyone here got more tips?

Cheers
Andre

--