long live code optimization (was Re: about the merge function...)

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jul 4 15:55:30 EDT 2004

Thank you Dar,

it's working now!!! I've just replaced a 120+ lines handler with a
single merge call. My old templating engine was called Inform2 and was
custom tag based. there were tags for displaying field contents, for
displaying arrays, for making forms from cards and the like. For each
card two matchtext functions were called full of RegEx and one Replace
function was called to replace the tag with the actual values. Now, in
Inform3, a single Merge call will do the trick. And now you're not
limited to my old tags, you can use any handler, function... It's
faster and more flexible, I think I am almost reaching Revolution
Nirvana now.

now, as soon as I get this new templating engine working, I'll focus on
the XML-RPC server implementation... :D it might be ready for the
summit!

cheers and thanks
andre

--