about the merge function...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Jul 4 14:48:41 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

it's simple, can someone here give me a example of using the <? ?>
construct in the merge function. I am rebuilding the revHTTPd
templating engine and I think it would be cool to replace my monolitic
template engine with a simple merge call, I have tons of functions and
handlers I wanted to use in the merge function. For example, I have a
function called emitform that accepts two parameters, one is the stack
name, the other is a card name/number. This function will take the
given card and returns a HTML form of it, it's the heart of the
automatic data transportation of revHTTPd. if I could do something
like:

<head></head>
this is your form:<br>

<? emitform(registerUser, 1) ?>

would be great! but I don't know if this is possible. I saw on merge
function that I can use <? ?> with return statements... can someone
explain this to me? pleaseeee...

Cheers
Andre

--