TIP: put it out!

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Jul 3 23:04:30 EDT 2004

On Jul 3, 2004, at 5:25 AM, MisterX wrote:

>     if word 1 of l is "do" then
>       if quote&"put" is in l and "into" is not in it and "after" is
> not in
> it and "before" is not in it then
>         put l & "*" & cr after linelist

I notice that the determination if a "PUT" in a "debugging PUT" used
here is

>    if quote&"put" is in l and "into" is not in it and "after" is not in
> it and "before" is not in it then

Yet, I frequently use

Put tVariableName after MSG

Which has the effect of not replacing the message window content, but
appending to it. This is the native behavior of Director, which also
has an interactive message window quite similar to Rev's. Since I use
PUT quite a bit, the continuous replacing of the content in the window
is less than desirable. Sometimes, I PUT things multiple times a
second, so obviously replacing the content that many times would be all
but useless, since you would only be able to read the very last message
you PUT.

The syntax I use, to workaround the message window behavior, would make
such a script non-functional.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.