exe blocking

John Tenny jtenny at willamette.edu
Thu Jul 1 00:18:59 EDT 2004

Problem:  trying to send windows builds (exe or zipped exe) as email
attachments, and the university server bounces them back

Background:  the university has had lots of  virus problems and have
brought out the sledgehammer solution. I still need to ship the test
versions around as standalones, but can't get them in or out. I've
tried removing the exe extension or replacing it with .doc but that
didn't work. They are blocked even if they have been zipped.

Question: how can I send the .exe files? Given the level of my testers,
it can't be too complex of a solution.

Thanks,   John