List field behavior

Robert Presender rpresender at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 18:04:03 EST 2004

Thanks Rob,

On Saturday, January 31, 2004, at 09:00  AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
>> I have a list field with three lines in a test stack.  When line 2
>> is deleted (via msg box),
>> line 2 is deleted but line 3 does not move into line 2's place. The
>> number of lines still shows 3.  In SuperCard,  Line 3 moves to line
>> 2's position and the number of lines is 2.
>> If I add a line(via the msg box), the added line goes into the
>> deleted line 2 position.
>
> What syntax are you using to accomplish this?  When line 2 is blanked
> but line three does not move up, it sounds like you "put empty into
> line 2 of field [fieldName]" instead of "delete line 2 of field
> [fieldName]."

Ran this test because an application I am developing uses multiple line
listfields and I ran into this problem.  Would appreciate it if you
would create a similar stack and see if you get the same results.

For this test, I created a stack with one card and one listfield(non
scrolling). I put one word into each line (via the msg box).

Used: delete line 2 of field x of stack y.  This syntax deletes the
line but: put the number of lines of field x of stack y results with 3.
  Line 2 has no text.
Same results when empty is used instead of delete.

Field inspector:  locktext(also no locktext), traversal on, autoHilite,
listBehavior and showBorder
Stack inspector:  visible

> What syntax do you use to add the line?

put text into line 2 of field x of stack y. This puts text into line 2.

> -- Rob Cozens
> CCW, Serendipity Software Company
> http://www.oenolog.net/who.htm

Regards ... Bob