Some advice on video frame grabbing

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Sat Jan 31 05:12:12 EST 2004

There are several things happening that are strange:

Weird thing 1
-------------
If I close the stack in which I am embedding the video grabber window,
sometimes the stack's closeStack handler is not being called. I know it
isn't being called because it is doing various things, like setting the
hilite of a button in another stack and doing "revCloseVideoGrabber" and
sometimes those messages are just not being sent.

When would a stack not execute it's own local closeStack handler even though
the stack is being closed?

Weird thing 2
You know my original problem of the grabbed frame not showing up in the
target image? If I quit the IDE, then the first time I try it it will work.
But for subsequent times it will not work. This is 100% reproducible.

doug at hmmm...