revdberr: invalid database type

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 09:09:08 EST 2004

--- Sjoerd Op 't Land
<sjoerdoptland at s2theatertechniek.nl> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> At the moment I'm desperatly trying to get a
> database connection to work
> from within a CGI script. I keep getting the
> 'revdberr: invaldid database
> type' as connection ID.
>
> The database type supplied is correct (tried both
> 'MySQL' and 'mysql'). I
> also tried if Revolution has the permissions to
> acces the specified
> database-drivers directory, and I can read from the
> *.so files.
>
> What can be the problem here? Is there any way to
> check for the supported
> database types?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
> Sjoerd Op 't Land

Hi Sjoerd,

I had the same problem a while back when I was
experimenting with the cgi-engine ; the quick solution
is to copy the database drivers into the same dir as
the engine and the cgi-scripts.

You'll find these in your Revolution folder in the
directory /components/database_drivers/<platform>

The cleaner way is to use the command
'revSetDatabaseDriverPath' to point to the correct
directory on your server before making any calls to
the revdb functions.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====