Opening a Rev app from a browser?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Jan 29 21:35:51 EST 2004

On Jan 30, 2004, at 12:25 AM, Doug Lerner wrote:

> I'm not sure. What is a revHTTPd server? I have my own server that I
> would
> like to do this via.
>
> doug

revHTTPd is an embedable (hell my english is horrible sometimes)
server, it's a frontscript (a button), you put it on a stack, and then
it is able to serve itself and it's substacs like they were web apps.
You can try my home revHTTPd server and learn more about it at
http://home.soapdog.org:8081/  (it's my home machine here in Brazil
under a 256k cable with a stupid paranoic ISP)

with this server you can drive a Rev app in the server or interact with
it, all the pages at my home server are actually substacks running, and
you pass parameters to them with no fuss. But for a browser to launch a
Rev app locally (at the client-side) it would be tought, it's like
running a exe from remote, very dangerous stuff.

Cheers

PS: Hope you like the server :D

--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL