A Positioning Mystery

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 14:10:10 EST 2004

--- Rob Cozens <rcozens at pon.net> wrote:
> I've about exhausted all ideas of how to figure out
> what is going on
> here...anyone want to be detective of the day?
>
> Actually, I just discovered a clue while writing
> this...
>
> Scenario:
>
> 1. A group on one card of a resizeable stack,
> consisting of several
> images, buttons with icons, and a field. Clue: One
> of the images is
> moved by an animation.
>
> 2. A resizeStack handler which changes the loc of
> the group, but does
> not address any controls in the group.
>
> 3.  A closeStack handler that resizes the stack to
> it's original size.
>
> Mystery:  Each time I open and close the stack, the
> position of the
> animated image changes relative to the other
> controls in the group.
>
> My guess now is that the animation, which changes
> the size and
> position of the image, changes the relative
> positioning of the image
> in relation to other grouped controls as well.
>
> Should be easy enough to test by removing the image
> from the group
> and positioning the group relative to the image...so
> I will.
>
> But if I am correct, it seems to me this is an issue
> of Revolution
> features that work fine individually but start
> stepping on each
> other's toes when applied together.
>
> Rob Cozens

Hi Rob,

Whie I'm not planning on playing detective inside the
Animation Builder, the one thing that crosse my mind
is : of those items are grouped, when you move one
around there's a pretty good chance that you're moving
them in positions that force the group to scroll,
causing the coordinates to change.
I would just not group any of the animated controls.

Jan Schenkel.

=====