Some strange Rev parsing problem?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Jan 29 10:38:52 EST 2004

On 29/01/2004 14:08:52 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>>set the textstyle of word 2 of line 7 of fld "source" to "bold"
>>
>>works great... Although... the definition of a word is buggy...
>>
>>  Name="description" is apparently one word...
>
>and don't forget that all text inside double-quotes is treated as a
>single word.

Even if that's the case, an equal sign is not really a wordy character...
Neither is a quote as far as any dictionary is concerned.

This means that you have to control the parse of any word just in case
which is a big overhead even for a word count function - RR will get it
wrong again...

I've complained about this to Scott long ago...

I can't remember how HC handled it but when you call a word a word
and a line a line, the least you can do is respect the language's usage...

For logic and user's sanity sake we dont need a new revolution in
language...

And the same goes with HTMLtext display...
I'll just say that what is not ignored (a <TD> tag for example) affects
the rest of
the display (links wont display after a <TD>) and you have to dance on
your
head stripping the tags and/or their parameters to get HTMLText to display
normally...

A new definition for the word 1g"n0r=3 I guess... ;)

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER