libURL issues?

Richard K. Herz herz at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 27 18:49:34 EST 2004

Chipp Walters wrote:

> libURL thinks it's got the file, but it's not *the* file. Just a small bit
> of nodata it thinks is the file. IMO, it has to do with latency. My DAD
> has this problem with his ISP: starband.net (bigtime latency).
>
> In all my libURL downloads, I always test to make sure the file I *got* is
> greater than some small amount (1000bytes) or else I repeat the download.
> I try it pNumTrys times (a customProperty which is user settable).

I've been encountering similar problems with downloading files, and these
problems seem have appeared within the last few months (maybe a slowdown at
my ISP?).  I have been repeating "get url" if "it" returned is empty. Max of
three repeats seems to work most of the time.

Chipp - what have you been using for your number of repeats?

Rich Herz
herz at ucsd.edu
www.reactorlab.net