ReportsPro

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 27 15:22:23 EST 2004

From: Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com>

>> I feel curiosity about ReportsPro.
>>
>> How different is this program from the Report
>> stack created by Scott Raney?
>>
>> You could download this stack from the
>> tools.metacard.com stack within the
>> MetaCard development environment.
>

> The Report Generator stack has a mysterious GUI and will take some
> studying of the code to figure out how to use it.

Remember WindowScript?  It was *almost* MetaCard, but a lot slower.

It had an excellent report generator, altho the "script" was rather
arcane. The creator of WS had two to four ways of doing the same task.
He's (or was) the prof of a computer dept at Utah State, I think.

The report generator was quasi-postscript: Very fast and reliable.

Meebee he would be interested.

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.