Subject: Cross-Post from MC List: Unicode support in Menus, etc.?

tuviah snyder tuviah at runrev.com
Mon Jan 26 06:14:27 EST 2004

>Can anyone provide this person direction on his questions? He's
>obviously frustrated with the support he's been getting...
>Right-to-Left?
Yes but you will have the set the textalign property of the field to
"right".Revolution at this time only allows you to set the textalign of the
entire field and not at a line or block level.

>BTW: I, too, am interested to know just how other languages are handled
>in menus. For example, suppose someone wanted to make a program that
>allowed the user to switch between English and Farsi on command... once
>the language was chosen from the Mac's language menu, would the fields
>in Rev just "adapt"?
No. I could have the engine send a message when this happens as was
suggested.

>What about changing menu item names and menu titles
>to a chosen language? How would that be implemented?
It is being worked on.

Tuviah